Search > Search Results > Members of the first Zionist pioneering training commune set ...
|Catalog No.||16558||Similar Items|
|Brief Description||Members of the first Zionist pioneering training commune set up in Warsaw after the city's liberation||Similar Items|
|Registry No.||37170p||Similar Items|
|Donor||Zilbert David||Similar Items|
|Donor||Glazer Tova||Similar Items|
|Period||After World War II||Similar Items|
|databank||Photo Archive||Similar Items|
Members of the first Zionist pioneering training commune (kibbutz hachshara) set up in Warsaw after the city's liberation.
In the photo:
Israel Szklar (second row from the bottom, sixth from the left; mustachioed)
David Zilbert (third row from the bottom, seventh from the right),
Jichak Kupelewicz (bottom row, fourth from the left),
Sarah Sokoler (third row from the bottom, sixth from the right),
Chaviva Juzfer (top row, sixth from the left),
and Avraham Fiszler (second row from the top, fourth from the right).
The kibbutz was organized in 1945 by Yitzhak Zuckerman of the Dror youth movement and Israel Szklar - Glazer of the youth movement Ha - Shomer ha - Tsa'ir. Its members lived at No. 38 Poznanska Street. The pioneering training center was disbanded in 1946, due to pressure by leaders of the movements in Mandate Palestine, who opposed the inter - movement unification spoken of by the leaders of the Holocaust survivor community in Europe. Close