Search > Search Results > The memories of Yelizaveta (Liza) Chapnik - memoirs, testimo ...
|Catalog No.||23187||Similar Items|
|Brief Description||The memories of Yelizaveta (Liza) Chapnik - memoirs, testimonies, articles and certificates||Similar Items|
|Registry No.||23187רמ||Similar Items|
|Donor||צ'פניק אליזבטה||Similar Items|
|Period||During World War II||Similar Items|
|See linked items||The estate of Liza Chapnik: memorial book and album|
|See linked items||מסמכים מעיזבונה של ליזה צ'פניק|
|databank||Holdings Registry||Similar Items|
The collection of Yelizaveta (Liza) Chapnik of Grodno, Poland (now Hrodna, Belarus).
21 pages, print and handwritten original, in Russian, Polish and German
The file contains:
1. The memories of Yelizaveta (Liza) Chapnik, from Grodno. During the German occupation, she joined the Bialystok resistance and operated under the name of Marija Mrozowska.
2. The testimony of a former commander in the partisan brigade concerning Chapnik's role in the brigade.
3. Another testimony on Chapnik's heroism.
4. An article titled "The brave Liza Chapnik".
5. "The path of the brigade commander", an article about the brigade commander and Chapnik.
6. A German ID from Bilaystok with the name Marija Mrozowska. The ID was issued on 14 January 1943.
7. A certificate attesting that Mrozowska was the head of an anti - Fascist organization in Bilaystok.
8. A code kept by Chapnik next to her Walther pistol.
9. A photo of three partisan women from Bialystok.
10. An article by history Professor Y.N. Marash, "The pages of history: the Grodno ghetto", telling, among other things, about Chapnik's resistance activity. It was published in the newspaper Grodnanskia Pravda, issues 204, 208, 220 (?), October 1990. Close