Search > Search Results > Biography of Klara Kleimann: Deportation to Zbaszyn and resc ...
|Catalog No.||511||Similar Items|
|Brief Description||Biography of Klara Kleimann: Deportation to Zbaszyn and rescue in England||Similar Items|
|Registry No.||02297R"M||Similar Items|
|Donor||Chowers Chaja||Similar Items|
|Donor||Koffman Margalit||Similar Items|
|File name||Chowers Chaia - deportation to Zbaszyn & rescue in England||Similar Items|
|From Date||01/01/1938||Similar Items|
|To Date||31/12/1939||Similar Items|
|databank||Collections Section||Similar Items|
Biography of Klara Kleimann, today Chaja Chowers.
Klara Kleimann was born in Essen, Germany, in 1923. In 1938, she was deported with her family to Zbaszyn, Poland and at the end of that year she came to Great Britain in a "Kindertransport" with forty other children in the ship "Warszawa."
Also in the file:
- a small notebook of pencil drawings by a Polish teacher in Zbaszyn. He drew what he witnessed: the cruel deportation to Poland of refugees from Germany, and refugees' suicides.
- Newspaper clippings (untitled) with photographs of the refugees in Zbaszyn.
- Newspaper clippings from the "Jewish Chronicle" with photographs of the children getting off the ship in Britain.
- Press clippings from a 1990 edition of the journal "Menora," including an article by Sybil Milton on the "Zbaszyn Deportation."
After their exhibition in the Yad Layeled museum, the following were added to this file:
- a certificate from the Zionist youth movement Habonim in Essen;
- the warpper of a bar of chocolate sent to Klara by her parents for her 16th birthday. Close